Tuesday 18 September 2007

Tuesday's ponderings

So- had a good chat with HG and XF yesterday - separately.
always a confusing and bewildering experience.

Harold spoke sense in that he established what I do know.
I know roughly what I want to ask people.
and what I want to find out.
I am unsure of my methods thus far, but this will come.
He pointed to my loss of confidence in the model as a key to my 'wobble'
He also expressed concerns that I may have to re-do my R1.
He pointed to the 'sample' as not a sample, but a population. This seemed to make sense, but at the same time, I would still only be looking at 30 people.
should probably try to check this before I speak to HG again.

I spoke to XF and he proposed a novel change of tack - to look at a list of past customers a TO may have and use this as my quants stats.
Then take a couple of tours and use more ethnographic methods to see if my model works.
This provides more academically robust workings and is something that could be rolled out to other TOs.

No comments: