Wednesday 22 August 2007

Terry Newholm

Went to see Terry in Manchester

Very nice chap. very helpful. lots of new ideas and avenues to explore.

Mentioned setting up meetings with Rob Harrison and Deirdre Shaw.

Brought a whole new perspective to the Constructivist side of things.
Terry would look at discourse analysis - eg. traditional tourist discourse and ethical or green discourse to see where RT might fit in.

He talked me through a lot of epistimological/ontological options and pointed out the difficultis with following certain paths. Thinks I am a critical realist - check.

Gave me some good refs to go away and check up on.

need to really explore what my new knowledge is. What is my contribution?
will my model be unique or the same?
Does TPB need to be universal?
Applicable to everything?
Need to really study the Ajzen Fishbein book to see exactly where they were coming from.
Were they trying to explain everything?

No comments: