Monday 2 July 2007

Post-conference update

Friday 29th June I made my first conference presentation - at the Leeds Met student conference. I presented on my work so far. I think the presentation went well. I was consciously trying to make it accessible to the audience and think I was successful. It would be quite different in a more serious conference and with more solid findings.

Very useful none-the-less. Difficult to guage how honest peoples' feedback was, but it was all good, so I guess they can't all be liars.

The interesting points raised were regarding ethics of what I was doing. the consent from the companies and the University could be an issue.

And also the role of tour leaders was raised by Jakomijn van Wijk - I think this will have to be integrated into the research.

All-in-all very happy with how things went.

No comments: